International Students

Students from other countries are welcome to enrol at the Pacific Coast University for Workplace Health Sciences (PCU-WHS) and undertake study towards a degree or other credential.

There are two admissions routes for international applicants interested in enrolling for the Bachelor of Disability Management. Applicants can provide an official transcript from a second level educational institution verifying that they have graduated at a level equivalent to Canadian High School Grade 12 or, if this is not possible, they can apply through the flexible admissions process

Applicants who wish to enrol in the Advanced Certificate in Return to Work must provide an official transcript from a post-secondary institution verifying that they have graduated successfully from a 3 or 4 year Bachelor degree program at a B- grade level.

International applicants must also provide evidence of proficiency in English. A list of ways that English language proficiency can be demonstrated is provided below.

  • 4 consecutive years in secondary English in an English-speaking country;
  • BC English or Literature 12 or Canadian equivalent;
  • Completed international baccalaureate;
  • A degree or diploma from a post-secondary institution in an English-speaking country;
  • First year of Canadian university English;
  • Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) at level 70 or higher;
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at level 6.5 or higher;
  • Michigan English Language Assessment Battery MELAB at level 85 or higher;
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) internet at level 90 or higher;
  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper test – at least 55 each for Reading, Listening and Writing.

A study permit is not required if an international student plans to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. The course or program must be completed within the period authorized for the stay in Canada.

PCU-WHS international students are not required to attend the University for significant periods of time and will not need a Canadian study permit.

You can check if this applies to you on the Citizenship and Immigration website at: