Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. You are required to complete forty percent of your course work with PCU-WHS but you can transfer other university-level credits as long as they do not constitute more than sixty percent of your total course credits. In many cases, students will be completing or using courses from other accredited institutions to fill the requirements for electives that are part of a degree program. Check the Transfer and Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) page of this website for further details.

The PCU-WHS tuition is $254 per course credit so the cost of taking a three credit course is $762. There will also be a cost for textbooks or books of readings for each course. There are fees for transferring credits or for completing a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR). Information on transfer and PLAR credits can be found in the Student Handbook/Academic Calendar, which can be downloaded from this website. The cost of completing your degree will depend on how many credits you are able to obtain through transfers of credits from previously completed courses and PLARs.

PCU-WHS has a flexible admissions process that is designed for people who have not graduated from a recognized secondary school program and cannot proceed through the standard admissions process. You can download further information and the flexible admission portfolio forms from the Admissions page of the website.

Once a student has been admitted to PCU-WHS, they can proceed through most programs at their own pace. The time it takes to obtain a degree will depend on how many courses a student is able to complete in each of the three semesters and how many of the 120 required credits they are able to fill with credits from courses they have previously taken. The number of course credits required are similar to what would be required for a four-year, full-time university degree program.

Many degree students will be expected to take an initial course (for the Bachelor of Disability Management, it is course WHDM 102) that involves two weeks on campus and three weeks of online study. Students with significant experience and some educational background in the degree field will be able to take an alternative introductory course (for the Bachelor of Disability Management, it is course WHDM 208) that does not require on campus attendance. Students may in the future have the option of completing some courses onsite in the summer months in a compact, intensive, full-day format, subject to demand.

Yes. To apply, all that you need to do is fill out the admissions portfolio form for international students, which requires evidence of proficiency in English. PCU-WHS looks forward to working with students from other countries. Since most students will not be spending significant time at the campus in Canada, they will not need to apply for a Canadian study permit. In most circumstances visitors to Canada can stay for up to six months providing they do not intend to work, although visitors from some countries will need to obtain a visa in addition to their passport. Check this out on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at:

These FAQs can be downloaded from the website as a pdf file at the following link: FAQs