Wolfgang Zimmermann, OBC, is the President of the Pacific Coast University for Workplace Health Sciences (PCU-WHS) and the Executive Director of the National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR). Having a degree in civil and forest engineering, following an industrial accident in 1977, he was retrained and continued to work for his pre-disability employer until his retirement from that organization in 2010. He became involved in the disability management field in the late 1980’s and has held a wide range of private and public sector appointments in disability management advocacy such as Chair of the Premier’s Council for Persons with Disabilities, the British Columbia Workers Compensation Board, Minister’s Council for Employment for Persons with Disabilities, National Advisory Board for Veterans Affairs, and has appeared before Parliamentary and Senate Committees as expert witness. He has received many awards and commendations for his work on disability prevention and rehabilitation including the Order of British Columbia, the Governor General’s Appreciation Award, the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal, the Lieutenant Governor’s BC Community Achievement Award, to name just a few.
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention
- CDMP – The Gold Standard for Disability Management Professionals
- National AccessAbility Week May 28 – June 3, 2023
- Ceremony on the Day of Mourning, April 28, 2023