Can I obtain credit for courses taken at other institutions?

If you are taking the 25-module Disability Management Practitioner Program Certificate you can request exemptions from up to six modules based on equivalent courses taken at other institutions within the previous five years.  You may also receive exemptions for certain modules if you are currently in certain roles.  For example, if you are a licensed nurse or other health practitioner you could be exempted from Module C on Physical Impairments, Rehabilitation Services and Return to Work.  You should check the Guide to Continuing Education Courses/Programs (page seven) at PCU-WHS PCU-WHS Continuing Education Guide 2023-2024 and the Exemption Form for specifics. The cost for processing an exemption is $20.

If you are completing the 8-module Effective Workplace Responses to Mental Health in the Workplace Certificate you can ask for exemptions for up to two modules based on having completed a similar course at other institutions within the previous five years.  You may also use equivalent PCU-WHS courses for which you have received a passing grade within the last five years.

Informal education (e.g., conferences and non-credit workshops) in conjunction with work experience and a short assignment could form the basis of Prior Learning Assessment Recognition (PLAR) credits. Please review the PCU-WHS Continuing Education Guide 2023-2024 (pages seven and eight).  The cost for completing a PLAR is $100.