Viraj Desai, MBA, began her career providing clinical care to clients and then moved on to take management positions in the rehabilitation area at a number of hospitals across Toronto. Her prior leadership position includes the role of President for a private sector health care company that provides rehabilitation services to assist injured clients in returning to work and function. Her consulting career began at Deloitte and Touche and she currently runs her own consulting practice providing organizational planning and management assistance to organizations. As such, she conducts market research, strategic planning working sessions, stakeholder communication and interviewing, process/program assessment and development services, and operational management audits to clients across a number of sectors including health care. Clients include the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (the Workers Compensation Board of Ontario) on the effectiveness of workplace health and return to work programs, City of Toronto on the effectiveness of the social assistance program, and a number of acute care and rehabilitation hospitals on program strategy and design. She has a BSc Physiotherapy degree from the University of Toronto and an MBA from the University of Toronto Rotman School of Management. She has also held a status appointment at the University of Toronto as a lecturer and currently serves as an online course instructor.
- New Certificate Program Now Available: Disability Management from a HR Perspective
- Join the Global Conversation on Disability Management!
- Congratulations to the 2023 Graduates of the BDM and ACRTW
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention