Valerie Royle, MBA, CDMP, is currently Deputy Minister of Tourism and Culture and of the Women’s Directorate with the Government of Yukon. She has over 20 years’ experience in workers’ compensation and occupational health and safety in senior management and leadership roles, during which time she led the implementation of return to work (RTW) legislation in two Canadian jurisdictions including the design and delivery of RTW train-the-trainer programs in conjunction with local federations of labour. She has a Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) and an MBA from Memorial University of Newfoundland, and is a Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP). She is a past board member of the National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR), and past chair of the Certification Council of the International Disability Management Standards Council (IDMSC) for Certified Return to Work Coordinators (CRTWCs) and Certified Disability Management Professionals (CDMPs). In addition to teaching at PCU-WHS, she is also a lecturer in the Faculty of Business Administration at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention
- CDMP – The Gold Standard for Disability Management Professionals
- National AccessAbility Week May 28 – June 3, 2023
- Ceremony on the Day of Mourning, April 28, 2023