Disability Management Professionals work internally within their own organizations or externally as providers to:
- Develop positive workplace health and job retention policies.
- Promote a positive and proactive workplace health and return to work organizational culture.
- Promote and protect the health and productivity of the workforce.
- Support workers with health conditions to remain at work.
- Assist workers absent on health grounds to safely return to the workplace.
Disability Management Professionals work collaboratively with management, unions or employee organizations, insurance providers, government agencies, health care providers and others.