The Scholarship will provide $6,000 annually for each of two years for successful candidates, to cover most of the course tuition for the specialized courses required to complete the Bachelor of Disability Management (BDM) degree commencing in September 2020 and completing within a 2-year period.
Students who are admitted to the WorkSafeBC – PCU-WHS Scholarship program and who have not completed relevant work experience in the field will be required to complete a Level 3 Practicum course, which is outside of the scope of the Scholarship.
There are some additional costs that may accrue to WorkSafeBC – PCU-WHS Scholarship students including:
- An application fee of $100 is required.
- The costs of elective courses or additional courses (such as Level 3 Practicum course), if required, are not covered by the Scholarship.
- There may be other incidental costs including textbooks and other materials.
- The costs of a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) request for any course are not covered by the Scholarship.
- Fees for any course not completed within the Scholarship period of 2 years will be the responsibility of the student.
- The percentage to which the $6,000 annual scholarship will cover actual tuition costs will be contingent on the number of transfer credits with which prospective students will enter the degree program.