Teresa Couto, MSc, CDMP, is a registered occupational therapist, a Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP), a Certified Mental Health First Aid Instructor (MHCC), with additional training in human rights theory and practice. She has worked as a Health Management Consultant in Group Benefits at a large national insurance company and as an Abilities Officer in the Abilities, Wellness and Attendance Program at Peel District School Board. Her clinical background and additional mental health training along with her disability case management experience at a large insurance carrier and at a large, multi and highly unionized school board with several employee groups, has allowed her to gain a deep understanding of the complexity and challenges associated with managing mental health-related disability cases in the workplace while meeting legislation and organizational goals. Her commitment to positive, healthy and safe workplaces along with her belief that work is important for an individual’s overall health and well-being drives her passion in disability management and developing and implementing creative solutions. She has a Master of Science Occupational Therapy degree from McMaster University.
- Scholarship Opportunities for BC Residents
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Appointment of Kara Arnold, PhD as Chief Academic Officer
- Support for Canadian Residents for DM / RTW Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Disability Management degree graduates honoured at global virtual convocation ceremony