Sari Sairanen is the National Director of Health Safety and Environment for Unifor. She came to the National union from the Airline division. She began her activism as a health and safety rep in a call center when she confronted ergonomic and working condition issues such as computer workstations, task design, stress and electronic monitoring. She served on the Air Canada bargaining committee as a regional representative and as President of Local 2002 during the CCAA or Companies’ Creditors’ Arrangement Act (bankruptcy) proceedings. She sits on various boards such as the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) of Ontario, the Canadian Labour Congress’ Occupational Health and Safety Committee, and the Occupational Health Clincis for Ontario Workers’ Board of Directors.
- Agreement Announced between CPHR New Brunswick / CRHA Nouveau-Brunswick and PCU-WHS
- Preserving the University’s carved figure and remembering the healing message it depicts
- UPDATED: Return to Work Strategies Under COVID-19: A Global Perspective
- PCU-WHS Receives Approval of EQA Designation
- CPHR Nova Scotia and PCU-WHS Sign Agreement