Sari Sairanen is the National Director of Health Safety and Environment for Unifor. She came to the National union from the Airline division. She began her activism as a health and safety rep in a call center when she confronted ergonomic and working condition issues such as computer workstations, task design, stress and electronic monitoring. She served on the Air Canada bargaining committee as a regional representative and as President of Local 2002 during the CCAA or Companies’ Creditors’ Arrangement Act (bankruptcy) proceedings. She sits on various boards such as the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) of Ontario, the Canadian Labour Congress’ Occupational Health and Safety Committee, and the Occupational Health Clincis for Ontario Workers’ Board of Directors.
- New Certificate Program Now Available: Disability Management from a HR Perspective
- Join the Global Conversation on Disability Management!
- Congratulations to the 2023 Graduates of the BDM and ACRTW
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention