Maureen Parkinson is the Provincial Vocational Rehabilitation Counsellor at the BC Cancer Agency. For over 20 years where she has provided education to health care providers and cancer survivors on cancer and work. She has worked as a vocational rehabilitation counsellor for a rehabilitation hospital, as a vocational rehabilitation consultant for insurance and law firms and educator/facilitator of community career exploration/job search programs. She is co-lead and content lead of www.cancerandwork.ca website, has authored Cancer and Returning to Work: A Practical Guide for Cancer Patients has been a co-author of Cancer and Work: A Canadian Perspective for the Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology.
- New Certificate Program Now Available: Disability Management from a HR Perspective
- Join the Global Conversation on Disability Management!
- Congratulations to the 2023 Graduates of the BDM and ACRTW
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention