Lorretta directs and manages the Human Resources Team on disability leave cases, union grievances and arbitrations in relation to disability and the duty to accommodate. She proves corporate advice in HR best practice in risk management and compliance with required policy, legislation, relevant collective agreements, and alignment with strategic objectives of the business. She has extensive experience in preparing supporting documentation and responses to various government agencies when negotiating settlement or defending against employment-related claims and developing and supporting accommodation and return to work plans following employees return from injury or disability. She has worked with management and union stewards to resolve grievances during the return to work process and coached and counselled management on decisions in areas of employee and labour relations, performance management including terminations, compensation, recruitment and training. She has conducted employee relations investigations including harassment and workplace violence complaints, providing appropriate recommendations and resolutions.
- New Certificate Program Now Available: Disability Management from a HR Perspective
- Join the Global Conversation on Disability Management!
- Congratulations to the 2023 Graduates of the BDM and ACRTW
- BC Employers – New Course Available DMCS 450 – Employer Return to Work Obligations Under Bill 41 Changes to the BC Workers Compensation Act
- NIDMAR News Release: Optimizing Return to Work through Successful Early Intervention