Karen Rebeiro Gruhl, PhD, has practiced as an occupational therapist in mental health since 1985 and has been involved in clinical research since 1997. Her research focus considers access to and maintenance of employment for individuals who have a mental illness; the development and evaluation of an occupation-based, peer-led mental health program in northern Ontario; and the occupation of peer support within mainstream mental health services. She has several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, has teaching affiliations at three Universities, is actively engaged in research, and is involved in both teaching and curriculum development. She has a BSc and an MSc in OT from the University of Western Ontario, and a PhD in Interdisciplinary Rural and Northern Health from Laurentian University. Her four key areas of expertise relevant to disability management include mental health/illness, return to work, workplace accommodation, and task analysis.
- Interviews Available for Viewing in the Video Library
- WorkSafeBC Scholarship Provides Career Opportunities
- MOU Signed with CIESS for Promotion of Disability Management to its Members
- Disability Management Professionals Receive Certificates in 2018 in Belgium and UK
- New Board of Directors of CSPDM Holds First Meeting