Karen Rebeiro Gruhl, PhD, has practiced as an occupational therapist in mental health since 1985 and has been involved in clinical research since 1997. Her research focus considers access to and maintenance of employment for individuals who have a mental illness; the development and evaluation of an occupation-based, peer-led mental health program in northern Ontario; and the occupation of peer support within mainstream mental health services. She has several peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, has teaching affiliations at three Universities, is actively engaged in research, and is involved in both teaching and curriculum development. She has a BSc and an MSc in OT from the University of Western Ontario, and a PhD in Interdisciplinary Rural and Northern Health from Laurentian University. Her four key areas of expertise relevant to disability management include mental health/illness, return to work, workplace accommodation, and task analysis.
- Agreement Announced between CPHR New Brunswick / CRHA Nouveau-Brunswick and PCU-WHS
- Preserving the University’s carved figure and remembering the healing message it depicts
- UPDATED: Return to Work Strategies Under COVID-19: A Global Perspective
- PCU-WHS Receives Approval of EQA Designation
- CPHR Nova Scotia and PCU-WHS Sign Agreement