This eight-module Certificate Program addresses the mental health aspects of disability management and engages a holistic approach to foundational and current challenges related to evolving societal changes, the realities of a global pandemic and resultant workplace challenges.
Those whose responsibilities include disability management, return to work, human resources and health and safety are on the front lines as mental health conditions represent the greatest proportion of disability management claims. This Mental Health Certificate is centered on providing tactical learning opportunities for professionals to attain a perspective of informed “responding” versus well-intentioned “reacting”.
1. Mental Health Issues, Rehabilitation Services and Return to Work – March 15-21, 2021
2. Mental Health Communication and Return to Work – April 12-18, 2021
3. Mental Health Conditions and Return to Work – May 10-16, 2021
4. Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace – June 7-13, 2021
5. Psychological Injury: Prevention, Job Retention, and Return to Work Strategies – July 5-11, 2021
6. Substance Recreation Use, Misuse and Addictions: A Disability Management Perspective – September 13-19, 2021
7. Strategies to Retain Workers Experiencing Mental Health Challenges – October 18-24, 2021
8. Certificate Capstone – November 15-28, 2021
Each module runs for one week and the program schedule was designed with busy, working professionals in mind. Those wishing to complete all eight modules to achieve the full certificate can do so in just nine months.
Anyone unable to commit to the full certificate program, but seeking ongoing CEC opportunities are able to sign up for the individual modules that interest them. Each module provides 12 Continuing Education Credit hours.
Certificate Program Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the evolving impacts of mental health and mental illness on today’s workforce
- Learn effective responses to the rising workplace mental health challenges
- Learn practical strategies and build leadership skills related to worker mental health and wellness
- Evolve critical thinking skills related to mental health barriers
- Engage in self-directed learning strategies to optimize effectiveness as a workplace professional
Cost: $250 for each individual module