The Scholarship program is open to candidates with landed immigrant or Canadian citizenship status who are permanent residents in British Columbia.
- Must meet the admission criteria of PCU-WHS.
- Have graduated with a 2-year diploma, associate degree, or other relevant educational prerequisite which provides 60 credits in a range of discipline (preferred domains listed below)
- Current students must be attending a BC post-secondary institution.
- Students converting from an existing career path who have graduated from any university or college.
- Submit a reflective essay of approximately 1,000 words outlining their reasons for wishing to pursue a career in disability management.
- Be in a position to register in the Full-Time or Part-Time Bachelor of Disability Management ( BDM) program beginning in September 2021 and to complete the degree within a 2-year period for the Full-Time Program or a 4 year period for the Par-Time Program.
- Have access to online facilities and high-speed internet.
- Have access to online facilities and high speed internet.
- Are required to attend an online orientation to the program in advance of the first academic term.
Candidates with an average post-secondary GPA of 3.0 or higher will be preferred.
Preferred domains of previous study include:
- Human Resources
- Occupational Health Safety
- Social Work
Students who have not completed relevant work experience in the field will be required to complete a Level 3 Practicum course, which is outside of the scope of the Scholarship.