The Scholarship program is open to candidates with landed immigrant or Canadian citizenship status who are permanent residents in British Columbia.
- Must meet the admission criteria of PCU-WHS.
- Have graduated with a 2-year diploma, degree or other relevant educational prerequisite:
- Current students must be attending a BC post-secondary institution.
- Students converting from an existing career path who have graduated from any university or college.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have accrued a minimum of 60 transferrable academic credits from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Submit a reflective essay of approximately 1,000 words outlining their reasons for wishing to pursue a career in disability management.
- Be in a position to register as full-time students in the program beginning in September 2020 and to complete the degree within a 2-year period.
- Have access to online facilities and high-speed internet.
- Are required to attend an online orientation to the program in advance of the first academic term.
Candidates with an average post-secondary GPA of 3.0 or higher will be preferred.
Preferred domains of previous study include:
- Human Resources
- Allied Health
- Mental Health
- Occupational Health Safety
- Health Promotion
- Social Work
- Social Care
Students who have not completed relevant work experience in the field will be required to complete a Level 3 Practicum course, which is outside of the scope of the Scholarship.