This module provides an in-depth exploration of disability management as it relates to cancer, a health condition that is both chronic and episodic. The goal is to provide specific information and direction for the disability management professional who is supporting a worker dealing with cancer and a thorough best practices in return to work. Module topics include the following:
- What is cancer —definition and overview
- Common types of cancer and prevalence
- Symptoms, effects, and treatments
- Impact on the individual with the condition
- Considerations related to job accommodation and the worker
- Supporting the worker
- Communicating with the worker
- Interactions with supervisors/managers and co-workers
- Interactions with physicians and health care providers
- Considerations related to benefit provision.
* Please note that if this course does not have sufficient registrations it will be postponed to a later date.